- Pokemon that faints gets released/boxed an cannot be used again.
- Only the first Pokemon encountered in each area can be captured.
- Duplicates (the whole evolution line) can't be caught as long as you have a pokemon in that evo line that is alive.
- Legendaries can't be caught
- Healing items are prohibited
- Mt Coronet (snowy outside and cave interior) count as two areas
- Pokemon catching rules are ignored if a shiny is encountered
Ky-nim's Diamond run is pretty interesting in that the comics were all drawn on TegakiE , a blogging site where entries, comments, icons, and more are all hand drawn/written in a very limited/small drawing canvas. Due to these limitations the comics are very condensed and often riddled with shorthand speeches that can be hard to read at times. Even if it is a largely comedic run, there are several dramatic moments that makes the overall comic enjoyable. The comic is largely black-and-white with occasional colored panels.
- The Pokemon in the comic cannot communicate directly with humans. When they do express themselves their speech is in thought bubbles
- Haisi, the rival character in the comic, is loosely based on Ky-nim's real life friend
- One of the most memorable things from this comic is the way Ky-nim treats Team Galactic, dubbed "Team Gaga." This joke ultimately leads to the creation of Dialgaga, a Dialga created by Team Gaga Leader Cyrus that has the face of Lady Gaga.