|Nuzlocke of Ernie|
|Began||January 2, 2012|
|# Chapters/Updates||Currently 50+ chapters|
|Chosen starter's type||Fire|
|Protagonist||Ernie (based on Red)|
|Plot||Game-based/Some original plot elements|
|Pokemon||Most speak human language|
| Nuzlocke Forum|
Nuzlocke of Ernie is a comic written by Sea-Salt, based on the events of Pokemon LeafGreen. It follows the story of Ernie as he journeys through the cities of Kanto as he both yearns to be a master trainer, and to find out the answers behind the mysterious "NUZLOCKE". The comic started on January 2, 2012, and is currently ongoing.
- As is standard in this challenge, a fainted pokemon is counted as dead, and is unavailable for the rest of the game.
- Only the first pokemon on a route is allowed to be caught. Exceptions are allowed if it's a duplicate, for the sake of variety.
- Freebie pokemon (ex. Magikarp in Pokemon Center before Mt. Moon, Eevee in Celedon) are allowed in addition to a catch in that particular area.
While the general plot is based on that of Pokemon LeafGreen, the story can be darker at times, due to the nature of the challenge, and Prof. Oak's mission for Ernie (as well as rival Bert) to help research the region's current situation. A "NUZLOCKE" ("Neural-Upset Zone Lockdown: Epsilon") has been ordered throughout Kanto, as some pokemon have exhibited extreme aggression, which can be transferred to trainers who are defeated by them ("whiting-out").
- The three main trainers, Ernie, Bert, and Zoe (this story's versions of Red, Blue, and Green/Leaf) are obviously named after the Sesame Street characters, with most other characters not officially named in-game also bearing namesakes of various famous characters/figures.
- Ernie's Charmander, Johnny, is named after Johnny Storm, also known as the Human Torch, from the Fantastic Four.
- The artist is fond of cameos and hidden references, with numerous appearances of characters from Digimon, Sonic the Hedgehog, Homestuck, and several other series in the background.
- This nuzlocke is part of a shared universe with two other comics: Nuzlocke of April and Nuzlocke of Dimitry and all take place around the same general time.
Also, the first two comics have received voiceovers by user 22aaa on Youtube