All Pokémon games include many "type masters", both in NPCs and in official trainers (i.e. Gym Leaders and the Elite Four).
The Rules Edit
In addition to the main Nuzlocke Rules, what Pokémon are available to catch changes.
- You must catch or obtain only the first eligible obtainable Pokémon you encounter in any route or area. Fail to catch it and you get nothing for the area. (Rule doesn't apply until the player first obtains Pokéballs)
- You may only capture a Pokémon whose typing matches the player's chosen type; Pokémon whose evolutions have eligible typing may also be captured but must be evolved into the respective typing.
- Dupes Clause is recommended, to add to the uniqueness of each Pokémon. This means you do not count any encounter against any Pokémon whose species you have already caught, which is usually determined by the Poké Ball symbol by their HP bar.
- Dual types are allowed to give more coverage, even if their primary type is not the respective type.
- Beetles and Mack go Bug Catching! by Mactavious
- X Mono-fire log by CyMoahk
- Just Act Natural: A Natural Ultimate Normal-type Monolocke by Tallamar
- [Back in Black, Bug] by [Shiny Dustox]
- "New Beginnings" - Pokemon Reborn Monotype Grass Nuzlocke by Mr. SU
- Monotype is one of the metagames used in competitive battling communities such as Pokémon Showdown.