The Masterlocke is a Smogon-based Nuzlocke Variant created by RealHipHopManiac.
The Masterlocke was originally created by user Manu26, he created the locke variant page and added the title, only to never come back ever again.
Then user "Realhiphopmaniac" adopted the name, creating his own nuzlocke variant.
The Masterlocke is a highly challenging rule-based nuzlocke variant made for the most skilled players.
- You must catch or obtain only the first eligible obtainable Pokemon you encounter in any route or area, with exceptions being made based on the Pokemon's gender. Fail to catch it and you get nothing for the area.
- "Dupes Clause" is recommended, to add to the uniqueness of each Pokemon. This means you do not count any encounter against any Pokemon whose species you have already caught, which is usually determined by the Poke Ball symbol by their HP bar.
- You may only use each Pokemon Center once for each city/town/etc.
- You may only buy one pokeball per PokeMart. (Found pokeballs are allowed)
- You must nickname all your Pokemon.
- You may not be over-levelled for any major battle (Gym, Rival, Elite Four, Team Rocket Executive, etc.). Any over levelled Pokemon may not participate in the battle.
- Whether or not a player is "over-levelled" shall be judged according to the enemy trainer's highest levelled Pokemon, any Pokemon exceeding that level may not participate in the battle.
- Battle style must be set to "Set"
- You may not use any healing items during battle. Any healing outside battle is acceptable. (And recommended)
- Uber pokemon cannot be used, ever. Pokemon Tiers
- You may not trade Pokemon. Not even trade evolutions. (This is because of the exp boost traded pokemon gets)
- Held Items are banned.
- Day Care is forbidden and shall never be used.
- Battle Items are banned.
- Fainted Pokemon are considered dead and have to be released or boxed permanently.
- Pokemon cannot be put in the PC for "PC healing".
- Смотрите также: Smogon Правила
- "Moody Clause" Player may not have a Pokemon with the ability Moody.
- "OHKO Clause" Player may not have a Pokemon with the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
- "Evasion/Accuracy Clause" Player may not use accuracy lowering, and evasion boosting moves.
- "Sleep Clause" Player may not have Pokemon to sleep each battle.