In Black and White (often referred to simply as IBAW) is a Nuzlocke by Wasserbienchen that follows White and N through the game, while following Bianca and Cheren as side plots. The first comic of Arc 1 was published on DA on July 18th 2011, and currently has 95 chapters, running through Arc 1 and Arc 2. The final part of Act 2 was posted on the 25th of April 2013 with Arc 3 beginning shortly after. As of December 29th, 2013, In Black and White has been officially discontinued.
- You can only catch the first Pokémon in each area. </span>
- Dupes Clause
- Legendary clause: You may catch Legendaries if required, but can't if it's not. You can't use them in battles, period.
- Shiny Clause
- Trade clause: You may trade a Pokémon in-game, but it must be a first encounter. You may not trade outside the game and can never evolve Pokémon who require trade for evolution.
- If a Pokémon faints, it cannot be used in battle ever again.
- In the Comic, Pokémon who fainted while in a to-death challenge are dead. Even those who are not in a to-death challenge are to be gotten rid of in any way.
- If all your Pokémon faint, you are allowed to take any number of boxed Pokémon and continue your journey.
- Battle style is "set".
- You may only buy 10 Items per town or other area where you can obtain items.
- Because the Plot is more relevant than the game, 3 Pokémon may be "revived", i.e. even though they fainted, you may pretend it didn't happen. Use those wisely because you will not get more than 3.
- For reasons of self-control, you must state in the comments of each part what happened in-game, especially concerning rule 5.
In Black and White was published on July 18th 2011 by Wasserbienchen on DeviantART, and is a comic series based on the games Black/White. It is set in a world where Pokemon are used for fighting to the death and aren't really cared about, seen more as slaves to humanity than friends. The comic follows White as she discovers more about herself while travelling through the world with her Pokemon, making her own decisions on how they should be treated.
IBAW in available in wass's dA gallery and on the Nuzlocke forums.