|First Summer - A Rijon Adventures Nuzlocke|
|# Chapters/Updates||16 pages|
|Chosen starter's type||Water|
| Nuzlocke Forum|
One of the most (if not the most) popular hack-based run on deviantArt, First Summer is a high quality comic that follows protagonist Sara as she takes on the Rijon league. While her official starter was Nathan the Squirtle, author Kris begins the comic with Terry the Eevee already in Sara's possession. The first page was posted on 26th March 2012.
First Summer follows the standard Nuzlocke rules, though with some exceptions, plus a common fan rule:
- When a Pokemon faints, it is considered dead.
- Per plot, Terry has three lives, but just three.
- Wobbuffet- and Wynaut-caused don't count. (This rule turned out to be moot.)
- The "bullshit clause" is on, as Kris is playing the game blind.
- You can only catch the very first Pokemon that appears in each area. If it faints/runs, there are no second-chance catches.
- All Pokemon will be named.
(summary to go here)
- Pokemon will be shown to "faint" in the comic when they didn't in-game, the logic being that their in-game health bar is their actual health - zero is dead, so "in the red" in unconscious, yellow is struggling, and green if basically okay.
- Kris puts a lot of effort into her worldbuilding - part of the reason her comic is so popular is the dynamics and believability of her world - as evidenced here.
First Summer is available on NekoNekoKris's deviantArt gallery.