A Classlocke is a type of Pokémon Locke similar to a Chesslocke. The roles are:
- Knight- the most powerful which can either switch Pokémon during battle or be high at both attack/defence, but can only have one status move (e.g Stun Spore, Poison Powder).
- Healer - can deal small damage but heals and help the team and inflict negative effects on opponents. Healers can only have moves with power lower than 60.
- Ninjas - low on defense and health, but high on attack and speed. Ninjas may not hold berries.
- Tanks - low on attack and speed, but high on defense and health. Tanks may not hold items which increase damage dealt (e.g Expert belt, Life orb)
- Mages - more special than physical. Can have up to 3 spells (special moves).
- Rogues - more physical than special. Can have up to 3 attacks (physical moves)
Basic Nuzlocke rules apply. You may only have one of each role.(OPTIONAL RULE) You are not allowed to switch Pokemon unless it is the knight.