In this nuzlocke variant, you play a trainer who has to survive in certain apocalyptic scenarios throughout the game, and depending on which apocalypse scenario is chosen are the types that are available for you to catch.
It requires a random number generator to determine the apocalyptic scenario that you are currently in. When using the number generator, set your minimum number to 0, and your maximum number to 17.
Apocalockes follow normal nuzlocke rules, but have additional conditions for increased difficulty. Depending upon the apocalyptic scenario (see: The 17 Apocalyptic Scenarios), you will only be able to catch certain types of Pokemon, and those Pokemon will assume certain roles (see: Pokemon Roles) on your team.
NOTE: In all apocalyptic scenarios, Normal type pokémon have been able to survive and can be caught. In addition, you may choose a starter, even if its typing is not allowed in your Apocalyptic Scenario.
The 17 Apocalyptic Scenarios:Edit
- (Roll a ZERO) Choose Your Own Apocalypse: Congratulations! If you've rolled this number, then you can choose ANY one of the following 17 apocalypse scenarios for your apocalocke instead of letting the dice choose for you! *gives you a round of applause* Take your time to think about it — it's YOUR choice, after all. This is a fanmade scenario. If the creator of the apocalocke wishes to take this down, they may.
- (Roll a 1) Tsunami: The world has been ravaged by a series of large-scale Tsunamis, seas have become over flooded and much of the land is enveloped in water. The only Pokémon that have currently been known to survive such an event are Water, Grass, Flying, and Dragon types (primary or sub-types).
- (Roll a 2) Heat Wave: The world has suffered a complete drought. Water is in short supply and most of the world has generally turned into a giant desert. The only Pokémon known to have survived are Fire, Electric, Rock, and Ground types (primary or sub-types).
- (Roll a 3) Blizzard: The skies have become enveloped in dark clouds, and a harsh and constant Blizzard has swept across the world, covering the seas and land in a blanket of snow and ice. The only known Pokémon to withstand this endless winter are Ice, Steel, Fighting, and Dark types (primary or sub-types).
- (Roll a 4) Nuclear Warfare: The violence of Man has finally blown over, and the world has suffered the abuse of nuclear and chemical Warfare. Our precious resources have all but dwindled and decayed, the world is ugly, burnt, and brown, and mutated wildlife dominates the planet. The only Pokémon that could survive such a cruel world are Bug, Psychic, Ghost, and Poison types (primary or sub-types).
- (Roll a 5) Meteor Strike: A meteor has struck the world, large cracks have appeared out of the ground. The only Pokémon to have survived are Dark, Rock, Ground, and Ghost types (primary or sub-types). This scenario was made by a fan, not by the creator; if they want to take this down, they may.
- (Roll a 6) Pandemic: The world has been ravaged by a disease. All of humanity is extinct and most people and Pokémon are out for the the count. However, Poison, Flying, Ground, and Water types are allowed to be caught due to the fact that they escaped the Pandemic and even used it to their advantage. This scenario was created by a fan, not by the creator. If they wish to take this down, they may.
- (Roll a 7) Zombies: The dead have risen and infected everyone. No Pokémon survived except Flying, Fighting, Ghost, and Dragon types because of their durability and skill in fighting. This scenario was created by a fan, not the creator. If they wish to take this down, they may.
- (Roll an 8) Alien Invasion: Aliens have invaded the planet, and only Flying, Psychic, Bug and Electric types are equipped to fight this new threat. This scenario was made by a fan, not by the creator; if they want to take this down, they may.
- (roll a 9) War: With few resources available and treachery commonplace, only Fighting, Ghost, Psychic and Dark types may survive. It's every man for himself! This scenario was made by a fan, not by the creator; if they want to take this down, they may.
- (roll a 10) Hurricanes and Tornadoes: After angering the legendary Pokemon, the entire world was ravaged by hurricanes and tornadoes. Only Ghost, Steel, Ground and Water types are equipped to handle this new terrain. This scenario is fanmade. If the original creator of the apocalocke wants to take this down, they may.
- (roll an 11) Fantasy Post-Apocalypse. The world is in shambles, and, on the brink of extinction, humanity turned to the supernatural to survive. By working alongside Dragon, Fairy, Ghost and Psychic types, humanity embraced the mystical. This scenario is fanmade. If the original creator of the apocalocke wants to take this down, they may.
- (roll a 12) A.I. Uprising: Like Skynet/Genesys from Terminator, the machines have decided to rebel against humanity. Only Steel, Electric, Fighting, and genderless Pokemon are suited to this new machine-dominated world. This scenario is fanmade. If the original creator of the apocalocke wants to take this down, they may.
- (roll a 13) Massive Planetary Volcanic Eruption: Exactly what it says on the tin: a massive volcanic eruption caused by an earthquake has partially tainted the atmosphere with a giant toxic ash cloud and caused enormous damage to the environment with lava. Humans and pokemon number in the mere thousands, and only Poison, Fire, Rock and Steel types remain. This scenario is fanmade. If the original creator of the apocalocke wants to take this down, they may.
- (roll a 14) Green Rebellion: This scenario is loosely inspired by "Day of the Triffids," a post-apocalyptic novel written in 1951 by John Wyndham. Somehow, plants have mutated and gained sentience, wich caused them to hunt down humankind in retribution for our constant abuse of the environment. The world is covered in forests and jungles, and few safe places remain. Only Grass, Bug, Ground and Fire types can survive in this harsh new world. This scenario is fanmade. If the original creator of the apocalocke wants to take this down, they may.
- (roll a 15) Mass Famine: Exactly what it says on the tin: humanity refused to heed the warnings of its scientific minds, and the resulting climate change resulted in global destruction of crops and pollution of fresh water sources. Only durable and self-sufficient Pokemon, like Rock, Fairy, Steel and Ghost types, remain. This scenario is fanmade. If the original creator of the apocalocke wants to take this down, they may.
- (roll a 16) Lysandre's Failure: This scenario is special not only because it's the darkest scenario, but also because instead of being the result from a real-life possible future apocalypse scenario, this apocalypse scenario is a possible apocalypse scenario that could've happened in the pokemon world instead. Basically, this is a what-if scenario from pokemon X/Y: what if the player wasn't there to stop Team Flare from using the ultimate weapon? Upon usage, the ultimate weapon destroyed much of the world, leaving the Kanto, Johto, and Unova regions in smoking ruin. The other regions suffered immensely — the use of the weapon completely devastated the world's meteorological patterns, causing extreme cold and drought. Trainers died en mass, and mass suicides occurred with shocking frequency due to the world's bleak condition. Nihilism and pragmatism became prevalent qualities, and, as such, humanity only endeavored to save Pokemon that could manipulate the environment to ensure its survival, resulting in the prevalence of Fighting, Grass, Ice and Rock types. Lysandre, upon the creation of this new world, realized that his vision of the world's destruction was flawed, and destroyed much of what was good in humanity. Out of shame, regret, sadness, loneliness, and self-loathing, he took his own life, and became one of the many casualties of the world of his own making. This scenario is fanmade. If the creator of the apocalocke wants to take this down, they may.
- (roll a 17) Cosmic Destruction: In a unnatural and devastating cosmic event, Earth's gravity increased exponentially, causing the other bodies in the solar system to speed towards us. The movement of the moon has caused mass tsunamis, raising the overall water level and drowning coastal cities, and our altered orbit around the sun has caused both extreme heat and cold in turns. Meteorites strike the Earth daily, and only the most powerful Pokemon (Ghost, Ground, Dragon, and Steel types) may survive. This scenario is fanmade. If the creator of the apocalocke wants to take this down, they may.
In order to implement the Apocalocke rules, you require a random number generator set to 0-8. Each Route Encounter should be treated as finding a survivor of your apocalypse and has a special scenario depending on what number is rolled on the dice before finding the Pokemon:
- (Roll a ZERO) You get to choose what survivor it will be. Congratulations! If you've rolled this number, then you can choose ANY one of the following 8 types of survivors for your pokemon instead of letting the dice choose for you! Take your time to think about it — it's YOUR choice, after all. This is fanmade. If the creator of the apocalocke wishes to take this down, they may.
- (Roll a 1) The Lone Wanderer: This survivor is a loner and doesn't trust the rest of your group. He can't switch out of battle once it has started one.
- (Roll a 2) The Survivor Couple: This survivor comes as a pair who have survived together, meaning you get to catch two Pokémon in the route, and they should be treated as a Wedlocke couple and can only battle together. This requires two party spaces, if there aren't, both must be boxed.
- (Roll a 3) The Fearful Survivor: This survivor survived because they were so frightened of everything and is always wary. No items may be used on this Pokémon. This includes healing items, TM's and HM's, and evolutionary items. It also may not hold items.
- (Roll a 4) The Lucky Survivor: This survivor got by on pure luck; no special conditions apply.
- (Roll a 5) The True Survivor: This survivor is a true survivor and can be brought to your party no matter what type they are. However, this doesn't count for Fairy types as they're all extinct. This is your starter Pokemon. No additional conditions apply.
- (Roll a 6) The Sickly Survivor: This survivor is sick due to the disaster and can only use three moves for the time it is being used. Meaning they can only have three moves, the fourth move is unable to be used and whatever is chosen as that move cannot be switched out for another.
- (Roll a 7) The crazy-prepared conspiracy nut: Exactly what it says on the tin.This survivor is fanmade. If the creator of the apocalocke wants to take this down, they may. This survivor has been preparing for the apocalypse for years, but was ignored by her friends and family when she tried to warn them. This caused her to trust no one, and to be over-prepared in all situations. This survivor must:
- Always be holding an item.
- Know at least 2 HM moves. If she can't learn 2 HM moves, teach them moves like Flash, Dig, or other moves that can be learned outside of battle. If you don't have HM's, like in SuMo, or this Pokemon cannot learn HM's, skip this step.
- Always be at full health when not in battle.
- (Roll an 8) The kid survivor: This survivor is just a child and his parents died from the apocalypse. The survivor group now has to take care of him and try to help him cope with the loss of his friends and his family. This Pokemon can only reach the stage before his final evolution. For example, if he is a Pichu, he can evolve into a Pikachu, but not into a Raichu. However, once you beat all eight gym leaders (or defeat all captains and kahunas for Sun/Moon), and if he is still alive, he is allowed to evolve into his or her final stage, because he has matured after your journey with him, and has put his traumatic past behind him. This survivor is fanmade. If the creator of the apocalocke wants to take this down, they may.
A helper tool for android is avalible here https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0kxoijdzf54rc7/Apocalocke.apk