In this variant you play a trainer having to survive in certain apocalyptic scenarios throughout the game, and depending on which apocalypse scenario is chosen are the types that are available for you to catch.
This variant still uses the same core rules of any nuzlocke. It also requires at least a 6 sided dice or a number generator to determine the apocalypse scenario you are currently in.
The 17 Apocalypse Scenarios are the following:Edit
- (Roll a ZERO, if you have a dice that can do that) You get to choose your own apocalypse: Congratulations! If you've rolled this number, then you can choose ANY one of the following 16 apocalypse scenarios for your apocalocke instead of letting the dice choose for you! *gives you a round of applause* Take your time to think about it, it's YOUR choice, after all. (This is a fanmade scenario. if the creator of the apocalocke wishes to take this down, you can).
- (Roll a 1) Tsunami:The world has been ravaged by a series of large-scale Tsunamis, seas have become over flooded and much of the land is enveloped in water. The only Pokémon that have currently been known to survive such an event are Water, Grass, Flying, and Dragon types (primary or sub-types).
- (Roll a 2) Heat Wave:The world has suffered a complete drought, water is in short supply and most of the world has generally turned into a giant desert. The only know Pokémon that have survived are Fire, Electric, Rock, and Ground types (primary or sub-types).
- (Roll a 3) Blizzard: The skies have become enveloped in dark clouds, a harsh and constant Blizzard has swept across the world, covering the seas and land in a blanket of snow and ice. The only known Pokémon to have been able to withstand the seemingly endless winter are Ice, Steel, Fighting, and Dark types (primary or sub-types).
- (Roll a 4) Nuclear Warfare: The violence of Man has finally blown over, the world has suffered the abuse of Nuclear and Chemical Warfare, it's precious resources have all but dwindled and decayed, browned and burnt landscapes, mutated wildlife have dominated the planet. The only known Pokémon that could have been able to survive such a horrible fate are Bug, Psychic, Ghost, and Poison types (primary or sub-types).
- (Roll a 5) Meteor Strike: A meteor has struck the world, large cracks have appeared out of the ground. The only Pokémon to have survived are Dark, Rock, Ground, and Ghost types (primary or sub-types). (This scenario was made by a fan, not by the creator, if they want to take this down, you can)
- (Roll a 6) Pandemic: The world has been ravaged by a disease. All of humanity is extinct and most people and Pokémon are out for the the count. However, Poison, Flying, Ground, and Water types are allowed to be caught due to the fact that they escaped the Pandemic and even used it to their advantage. (This scenario was created by a fan, not by the creator. If they wish to take this down, they may)
- (Roll a 7(Number Generator Only Apocalypse)) Zombies: The dead has risen and infected everyone. No one nor any Pokémon survived except Flying, Fighting, Ghost, and Dragon types because of their advantages and skills in fighting. (This scenario was created by a fan, not the creator. If they wish to take this down, they may.)
- (Roll an 8 (Number Generator Only)) Alien Invasion: Aliens have invaded the planet, barely anybody has survived. Only Flying, Psychic, Bug and Electric types are able to fight this new threat. (This scenario was made by a fan, not by the creator, if they want to take this down, you can)
- (roll a 9 (number generator only)) War: with barely any resources for countries to spare every country is for itself and no one can be trusted the only ones to survive are the smarts and good at fighting and the dead the only to survive are Fighting, Ghost, Psychic and Dark (This scenario was made by a fan, not by the creator, if they want to take this down, you can)
- (roll a 10 (number generator only)) Hurricanes and Tornadoes: Somehow, the world got ravaged by hurricanes and tornadoes. Not many humans and Pokemon have survived and eventually, they will recover from their losses...but it will take a long time. Unfortunatly, the only pokemon left are Ghost, Steel, Ground and Water types. (This scenario is fanmade. If the original creator of the apocalocke wants to take this down, you can.)
- (roll an 11 (number generator only)) Fantasy post-apocalypse. The world is in shambles, humanity is on the brink of extinction and out of desperation, it turned to magic to solve it's problems and save itself from extinction. This means that all Dragon, Fairy, Ghost and Psychic types managed to survive by using their abilities along with humanity's newfound supernatural abilities to work together to save themselves. however, in time, this unfortunatly means that all other pokemon types went extinct because they lacked said magic/supernatural-based powers that would've allowed them to survive. Basically, it's like a world where pokemon trainers are wizards, pokemon are creatures that they can summon with their powers and adventure can be found wherever you go, kind of like a typical fantasy MMORPG world (like World Of Warcraft, except darker, yet more kid-friendly). (This scenario is fanmade. If the original creator of the apocalocke wants to take this down, you can.)
- (roll a 12 (number generator only)) A.I. Uprising: Like Skynet/Genesys from Terminator, the machines have decided to rebel against humanity. Obviously, humanity and pokemon are struggling to survive, because the machines have enslaved them and the future of both races looks grim...The only pokemon left are Steel types, Electric types and Fighting types, plus all genderless pokemon. (This scenario is fanmade. If the original creator of the apocalocke wants to take this down, you can.)
- (roll a 13 (number generator only)) Massive planetary volcanic eruption: Exactly what it says. A massive volcanic eruption caused by a massive earthquake has partially tainted the atmosphere with a giant toxic ash cloud and caused enormous damage to the environment with lava. Humans and pokemon number in the mere thousands. There is still hope...but just barely. Unfortunately, the only pokemon left are Poison, Fire, Rock and Steel types. (This scenario is fanmade. If the original creator of the apocalocke wants to take this down, you can.)
- (roll a 14 (number generator only)) Green rebellion: This scenario is loosely inspired by "Day of the triffids", a post-apocalyptic novel written in 1951 by John Wyndham. Somehow, plants have mutated and gained sentience, wich caused them to hunt down humankind in retribution for humanity's constant abuse of the environment and for it's deforestation habits. Our new plant overlords rule over us with an iron fist and have destroyed almost all pokemon for siding with mankind as well. The world is covered in forests and jungles, therefore almost no place is safe. The only ones left are Grass, Bug, Ground and Water types. (This scenario is fanmade. If the original creator of the apocalocke wants to take this down, you can.)
- (roll a 15 (number generator only)) Mass famine: Exactly what it says. Humanity has foolishly abused and wasted it's ressources too much. Water and food are scarce. The only pokemon left are Rock, Fairy, Steel and Ghost types. (This scenario is fanmade. If the original creator of the apocalocke wants to take this down, you can.)
- (roll a 16 (number generator only)) Lysandre's failure (THIS IS THE DARKEST AND MOST DIFFICULT SCENARIO. IF YOU ARE LIGHT-HEARTED AND EASILY SHOCKED OR IF YOU DON'T HAVE MUCH EXPERIENCE WITH NUZLOCKES (Especially Apocalockes) IN GENERAL, THEN DO NOT PICK THIS SCENARIO AND RE-ROLL YOUR DICE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED): This scenario is special not only because it's the darkest scenario, but also because instead of being the result from a real-life possible future apocalypse scenario, this apocalypse scenario is a possible apocalypse scenario that could've happened in the pokemon world instead. Basically, this is a what-if scenario from pokemon X/Y, wich is a variant of: What if the player wasn't there to stop team Flare from making an ultimate weapon? After they activate it, what if Lysandre's weapon completely malfunctions and backfires on him? Simple: Lysandre accidentaly makes the world agelessly immortal instead of destroying it, thus partially negating death itself. Over time, since humans, pokemon and other life forms cannot die of old age, overpopulation rapidly becomes a problem. This causes a horrific chain reaction: In time, society slowly collapses in chaos and anarchy, Humans and pokemon fight and try to kill amongst themselves often, food, water, medecine, common commodities and other ressources become rapidly scarce, misery and nihilism becomes the norm, the environment becomes much more polluted than before, wars are more common and end less often, crime and corruption are rampant, many pokemon species are exterminated, rendered illegal and hunted down to extinction by mankind to prevent overpopulation, ect...it becomes so bad that humanity is forced to organize mass suicide amongst itself to prevent hell on earth, wich barely works. The only pokemon that have been spared by now-immortal humankind are Fighting, Grass, Ice and Rock Types. Lysandre quickly realised that instead of making the world into a paradise like he wanted, he made it even more horrifying than before. Out of shame, regret, sadness, loneliness and self-loathing, he took his own life, forgotten, cold and alone, with no one, not even his loyal pokemon or his loyal Team Flare left to prevent him from doing so. (This scenario is fanmade. If the creator of the apocalocke wants to take this down, you can).
Despite this, Normal type Pokémon have been able to survive any Apocalypse scenario and can be caught. Also, the Starter Pokémon, especially if you're playing a randomized version, is always True Survivor, wich means that you're allowed to pick any starter you want, even if their type doesn't match your apocalypse scenario's types.
In order to implement the Apocalocke rules, you require either a 6 sided-dice or a random number generator set to 1-6. Each Route Encounter should be treated as finding a survivor of your apocalypse and has a special scenario depending on what number is rolled on the dice before finding the Pokemon:
- (Roll a ZERO, if you have a dice that can do that) You get to choose what survivor it will be: Congratulations! If you've rolled this number, then you can choose ANY one of the following 8 types of survivors for your pokemon instead of letting the dice choose for you! *gives you a round of applause* Take your time to think about it, it's YOUR choice, after all. (This is fanmade. If the creator of the apocalocke wishes to take this down, you can).
- (Roll a 1) The Lone Wanderer: This survivor is a loner and doesn't trust the rest of your group. He can't switch out of battle once it has started one.
- (Roll a 2) The Survivor Couple: This survivor comes as a pair who have survived together, meaning you get to catch two Pokémon in the route, and they should be treated as a Wedlocke couple and can only battle together. This requires two party spaces, if there aren't, both must be boxed.
- (Roll a 3) The Fearful Survivor: This survivor survived because they were so frightened of everything and is always wary. No items may be used on this Pokémon.
- (Roll a 4) The Lucky Survivor: This survivor got by on pure luck, no special conditions apply.
- (Roll a 5) The True Survivor: This survivor is a true survivor and can be brought to your party no matter what type they are. However, this doesn't count for Fairy types as they're all extinct. This is your starter Pokemon,
- (Roll a 6) The Sickly Survivor: This survivor is sick due to the disaster and can only use three moves for the time it is being used. Meaning they can only have three moves, the fourth move is unable to be used and whatever is chosen as that move cannot be switched out for another.
- (Roll a 7, number generator only)The crazy-prepared conspiracy nut: Exactly what it says. Somehow, said survivor knew that the apocalypse would happen and has been preparing for it for YEARS, wich is how she/he survived. Naturally, she/he tried to warn everyone about it, but to no avail, because everyone thought she/he was crazy. This survivor is of the kind who's always prepared, to a ridiculous degree, wich means that she/he must be holding an item at all times. Also, if you're playing a gen I-gen VI game, she/he must know at least two HM moves (if they can learn it, that is. If it can only learn one or none at all, then wait until you get more HM moves that they can learn. If they can't learn any HMs, then try other moves that can be used outside of battle. If all else fails, then screw it and just roll with it) and one move that protects it from weaknesses. (for exemple, a Golbat that knows crunch, a dark-type move, to protect itself from psychic types. If it can't, then teach it a move like that when you get one later). (This survivor is fanmade. If the creator of the apocalocke wants to take this down, you can).
- (Roll an 8, number generator only) The kid survivor: This survivor is just a child and his parents died from the apocalypse. The survivor group now has to take care of him and try to help him cope with the loss of his friends and his family. He can only reach his prenultimate evolution stage. For exemple, is she/he is a Pichu, she/he can evolve into a Pikachu, but not into a Raichu. If she/he is a magikarp, then she/he's not allowed to evolve into a Gyarados. If she/he's a an Eevee, then she/he can't evolve. If she/he is a Fletchling, then she/he can evolve into Fletchinder, but not Talonflame. You get the idea. However, once you beat all eight gym leaders (or defeat all captains and kahunas for Sun/Moon), then if she/he is still alive, she/he is allowed to evolve into his/her final stage, because she/he is considered positively mature and grown up (both physically and mentally), especially after risking his/her life in countless nuzlocke pokemon battles. At that point, she/he won't be just another survivor or just a kid. She/He won't necessarily be an adult, but she/he will have become an experienced full-fledged warrior and will have earned the rest of the group's respect. At that point, she/he has put the past behind him/her. (This survivor is fanmade. If the creator of the apocalocke wants to take this down, you can).
A helper tool for android is avalible here https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0kxoijdzf54rc7/Apocalocke.apk