- If a Pokémon faints it must be put in a purgatory box
- You have 2 chances to catch a Pokemon on a route.If you leave a route you can never catch a Pokémon on that route again. (This rule only activates AFTER you have Poké Balls.)
- You must try to catch the first Pokémon on the route. (for catching rules see rule 2)
- Mandatory captures are not included in the first catch rule.
Special rules (points of the Nuzlocke)
- You can revive a dead Pokémon once.This Pokémon MUST be renamed with the word angel/ange in the name. This can only be done once per Pokémon.
- To revive a Pokémon you must either collect all 8 gym badges OR catch a legendary. An exception is starters, which require 2 Legendaries AND becoming the champion.You must sacrifice a Pokémon to do any of this.
- Sacrificed Pokémon CANNOT be revived. NO EXCEPTIONS (You must use a different Pokémon each time). Legendaries (except the first caught) must be put in a used box.
- Renewal clause- To get a legendary that has died/ been used you must sacrifice 4 level 25 Pokemon, 2 level 50 Pokemon or 1 level 100 Pokemon (they must be Pokémon of a different evolutionary line). They will have arch/archangel in the name instead of angel when revived.